Sam Davanloo Tajbakhsh
- Assistant Professor, Integrated Systems Engineering
254 Baker Systems
1971 Neil Ave
Columbus, OH 43210
- Large-scale convex optimization
- Model selection with sparsity-inducing norms
- Statistical learning of spatio-temporal data
Ph.D. Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, The Pennsylvania State University, 2015
M.Sc. Statistics, The Pennsylvania State University, 2013
M.Sc. Industrial Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology, 2006
Areas of Interest
Dr. Davaloo’s research interests lie in the overlap of convex optimization and statistical learning. Specifically, he is interested in solving model/feature selection problems using first-order methods, providing convergence guarantees, and establishing convergence rates. His works find applications in renewable energy systems, genome association studies, and brain network estimation.
- Davanloo Tajbakhsh, S.; Aybat, S.; Del Castillo, E., 2018, Generalized sparse precision selection algorithm for fitting multivariate random fields to large data sets. STATISTICA SINICA 28, no. 2,
- Tajbakhsh, S.D.; Del Castillo, E.; Rosenberger, J.L., 2015, "A Bayesian Approach to Sequential Optimization based on Computer Experiments." Quality and Reliability Engineering International 31, no. 6, 1001-1012 - 1001-1012.
- Kunz, R.F.; Gaskin, B.J.; Li, Q.; Davanloo-Tajbakhsh, S. et al., 2015, "Multi-scale biological and physical modelling of the tumour micro-environment." Drug Discovery Today: Disease Models 16, 7-15 - 7-15.
- Del Castillo, E.; Colosimo, B.M.; Tajbakhsh, S.D., 2015, "Geodesic gaussian processes for the parametric reconstruction of a free-form surface." Technometrics 57, no. 1, 87-99 - 87-99.
- Davanloo Tajbakhsh, S.; Vaghefi, A.; Noorossana, R., 2009, Phase II monitoring of the nonlinear profiles. COMMUNICATIONS IN STATISTICS-THEORY AND METHODS 38, no. 11,
- Noorossana, R.; Davanloo Tajbakhsh, S.; Saghaei, A., 2009, "An artificial neural network approach to multiple-response optimization." International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 40, no. 11-12, 1227-1238 - 1227-1238.
- Tajbakhsh, S.D.; Aybat, N.S.; Castillo, E.D., Sparse Precision Matrix Selection for Fitting Gaussian Random Field Models to Large Data Sets. Journal of Machine Learning Research