Curriculum, ISE Elective Tracks, BS/MS Information
Industrial and Systems Engineering Curriculum
In order to keep up with the industry and adequately prepare students for becoming Industrial & Systems Engineers, our department continuously updates the curriculum; however, we allow students to begin and end their time in our department with the same requirements they were given during the academic year they were admitted to the University.
Curriculum Requirements (Bingo Sheets/suggested curriculum guide) Find requirements here based on when the student was admitted to OSU:
- Autumn 2018 - Spring 2019 - Summer 2019
- Autumn 2019 - Spring 2020- Summer 2020
- Autumn 2020 - Spring 2021 - Summer 2021
- Autumn 2021 - Spring 2022 - Summer 2022
- Autumn 2022 - Spring 2023 - Summer 2023
This website is great for viewing ISE course prerequisites!
ISE Technical Elective Tracks
In addition to the core curriculum, the program requires students to select a track of electives across a wide variety of topic areas within the discipline. These elective tracks give students the opportunity to gain greater depth in one of the following five areas.
Note: Students who started at OSU Autumn 2022 or after should not use the sample curriculum sheets below. They will updated later. For now, please use the AU22 curriculum sheet above.
- Data Analytics and Optimization
- Supply Chain Management and Logistics
- Management Systems and Operations Research
- Human Systems Integration and Design
ISE technical electives are not offered every term.
Updates to the above document: ISE 5870 and 5350 will NOT be offered Spring 2023. ISE 5620 and 5830 WILL be offered Spring 2023.
ISE Capstone options
Students have the ability to select among several options for their capstone experience in their final academic year in one of the following:
- ISE 4900
- Multidisciplinary Capstone
- Public Affairs Rapid Innovation for Public Impact (PUBAFR 5620)
- ISE 5811 & ISE 5812 (Green Belt Certification program in Integrated Lean Six Sigma)
Other Curriculum Information
- ISE Additional Science Options
- General Education Requirements
- Outside Track Approved Technical Electives
- Enrolling in CSE and Business Courses
- Enrolling in 5000-level ISE Courses
- ISE's PA/NP Policy (spring 2020 only)