All students need to submit an application in order to be eligible to graduate from The Ohio State University.
Applications should be submitted by the 2nd Friday of the term, according to the timeline below:
- Spring Graduation: 2nd Friday of previous Autumn Semester
- Summer Graduation: 2nd Friday of previous Spring Semester
- Autumn Graduation: 2nd Friday of previous Spring Semester
Submitting your application to graduate by the posted deadline allows us to:
1. Award you a graduating senior priority scheduling appointment for your final semester.
2. Verify that all courses you intend to schedule for your final two semesters do meet all requirements to graduate.
Once our department approves your graduation application, you are expected to follow the plan indicated on your application. If you deviate from your approved plan, we recommend that you contact your advisor to review your proposed changes. This will allow us to verify that your changes fulfill graduation requirements.
After your application has been approved by our department, further instructions about graduation can be found on the College of Engineering Website. Graduating seniors will receive all communications via email from the College of Engineering.